FP&A Business Analyst
Lagardère Travel Retail is the only dedicated travel retailer of cultural and leisure products in the Pacific region. We currently operate over 140 retail outlets situated in major airports and commuter terminals across the Pacific with particular emphasis on Australia and New Zealand. Today, Lagardère Travel Retail continues to grow and expand its portfolio of brands, keeping pace with the ever changing and diverse travel environment.
Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, you will act as a business partner to various internal stakeholders by providing financial planning and analysis in all aspects of the business unit performance, including (but not limited to) sales, gross margins and promotional analysis, wages, stores expenses, capital expenditure as well as specific KPIs.
You will assist the Senior Business Analyst in preparing financial analysis that will provide meaningful insight to business performance and you will take a pro-active approach to investigation performance issues.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and distribution of specific monthly / weekly reports (sales by store and product category for example) with accompanying commentary
- Preparation of presentations & analysis for submission to the Senior Business Analyst and the Management team as required.
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst in building reports and managing the financial analysis with the Buyers and Operations teams (such a review of monthly P&L etc.)
- Ensure all revenue and expenses in an approved business case are reflected in the budget
- Support the Senior Business Analyst and the Business Development team with the analysis of new & existing store business plans
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst with preparation of bi-annual forecast and process
- Assist the Senior Business Analyst with the preparation of the annual budget and 5 year plan
Successful applicants will have the following experience and attributes:
- Tertiary Qualifications in an Accounting/Business or related degree
- At least three years' experience in an Auditing or Business Analyst role
- Proven analytical skills with sound commercial acumen
- Experience within a Retail / FMCG industry is preferred
- Confident communicator at all levels, with the ability to clarify financial result to a non-financial audience
- Computer literacy using MS Office at an intermediate to advanced level
- Knowledge of Excel VBA, TM1/Cognos and SAP is a plus
This is a hands-on role in a busy environment that will require you to think strategically and analytically with an operational approach. We seek an individual who wants to take ownership as well as responsibility for their role.
Experience new horizons every day!