Assistant Store Manager
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is an international travel retail company that operates a number of exciting brands around the globe. With over 120 Australian and New Zealand stores located in dynamic environments including airports and commuter hubs, we are a fast paced organisation meeting the needs of people on the move.
Reporting to the Retail Store Manager based in our Aelia Duty Free store at Auckland International Airport, you will be tasked with assisting and supporting the Leadership Team to maximise sales opportunities and achieve a world-class standard of customer service excellence by providing our sales staff with on-going coaching and development.
A snapshot of your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Operations need to be run effectively and efficiently by being visible on the shop floor and working along-side your team.
- You will be expected to provide constant constructive feedback to staff to encourage positivity in the business and to rectify any relevant performance issues
- To maximise sales opportunities you must ensure that your shift is adequately staffed at all times
- Keeping in line with our commitment to providing an exceptional level of customer service you will ensure that complaints, refunds, credits and repairs are handled in a timely and satisfactory manner
- As we are in the luxury brands business you will maintain a very high standard of store presentation, stock management and security through the encouragement of good merchandising and housekeeping
To reach these goals you will need to confidently lead your team from the front and by example and to do so the following attributes are essential to your success in this all important role in our vibrant, unique and exciting business.
- Strong proven successful track record in retail operations with at least 3 years in a managerial position in big box retail
- Good understanding of business dynamics
- Management style that uses a nurturing and hands on approach to achieve results
- Strong motivator and experience in coaching and developing sales people
- Ability to think on your feet with a real sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication
- Tenacity, commitment, dedication and professionalism
Sound like a tall order? We don’t think! The rewards are that you will receive a competitive salary; and have the opportunity to stretch and challenge yourself; and work with some pretty amazing people where you can further develop your skills.
As we're located in a dynamic airport environment our stores operate on a 24/7 basis to meet our customers' needs. In this role you can expect to work Sunday - Thursday 1pm - 9.30pm.
Experience new horizons every day!